1 a wrapped container [syn: package]
2 the result of parcelling out or sharing; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans" [syn: portion, share]
1 divide into parts; "The developers parceled the land"
2 cover with strips of canvas; "parcel rope"
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)səl
- A package wrapped for shipment.
- I saw a brown paper parcel on my doorstep.
- A division of land bought and sold as a unit.
- I own a small parcel of land between the refinery and the fish cannery.
package wrapped for shipment
division of land bought and sold as a unit
- To warp up into a parcel
- Italian: impacchettare
Parcel can refer to:
- A mailable or shippable item, other than a letter, particularly as packaging delivered by a postal service or package delivery service. seealso parcel post
- In real estate a parcel is "a contiguous area of land described in a single description by a deed or other instrument or as one of a number of lots on a plat or plan, separately owned and capable of being separately conveyed. In other words, a parcel is a unit of land under unified ownership (with or without buildings)."
- In atmospheric science, a parcel is a theoretical container of air that can be followed as it evolves over time. seealso atmospheric thermodynamics
- The party game Pass the parcel.
parcel in Czech: Pozemek
parcel in German: Grundstück
parcel in Spanish: Parcela
parcel in Dutch: Perceel
parcel in Norwegian: Grunneiendom
parcel in Polish: Działka ewidencyjna
parcel in Russian: Земельный участок
parcel in Simple English: Parcel
parcel in Ukrainian: Земельна ділянка
a certain number, a few, a number, acres, adjunct, allocate, allot, amount, apportion, array, assign, bag, bale, barrel, basket, batch, bind up, bindle, body, bolt, bottle, bouquet, box, box up, budget, bunch, bundle, bundle up, can, capsule, carton, carve, carve up, case, cask, chattels real, chunk, clot, clump, cluster, clutch, collection, component, container, contingent, count, crate, cross section, cut, cut up, deal, deal out, deck, decrease, demesne, detachment, detail, disburse, disperse, distribute, district, divide, divide into shares, divide up, divide with, division, divvy, divvy up, do up, dole, dole out, domain, dose, encase, encyst, fagot, fardel, fasces, fascine, fix, fraction, gob, grounds, group, hamper, hand out, heap, honor, hunk, increase, installment, item, jar, land, landed property, lands, large amount, lot, lots, manor, measure, member, mess, messuage, mete out, moiety, nosegay, number, one or two, pack, package, packet, parcel out, part, particular, partition, passel, percentage, piece, plat, plot, portion, posy, pot, praedium, property, prorate, quadrant, quadrat, quantify, quantity, quantize, quarter, quiver, quota, random sample, rate, ration, real estate, real property, realty, reduce, remainder, roll, roll up, rouleau, sack, sample, sampling, section, sector, segment, set, several, share, share out, share with, sheaf, shift, slice, slice the pie, slice up, small amount, split, split up, subdivide, subdivision, subgroup, subspecies, sum, tank, tenements, tie up, tin, toft, tract, truss, truss up, two or three, umpteen, wrap, wrap up, zone